VW engine reconditioning
We understand that high performance engines are not for everyone and we can really appreciate
classic Volkswagens for what they are. However wouldn't it be nice to
rewind all of those years of wear and tear on your engine and make it drive just like you are
leaving the dealership for the first time?
At Wayne Penrose Volkswagen we can do this! We offer an engine reconditioning service for your aircooled VW.
We recondition engines for the Beetle, Kombi, Karmann Ghia, VW Trike, VW thing, VW Country Buggy and more.
We have over 35 years of experience with Volkswagens, so you have found the perfect place to give
new life to yours!
As part of our engine reconditioning service, we:
- Remove the engine from your VW
- Disassemble the engine and check condition
- Linebore the engine case
- Re-machine the crankshaft
- Re-machine the flywheel
- Recondition the conrods with new gudgeon bushes
- Install new camshaft
- Install new cam followers
- Install new main bearings
- Install new conrod bearings
- Install new cam bearings
- Install new piston and cylinder kit
- Install new pushrod tubes
- Install new upgraded oil pump
- Install new ULP cylinder heads
- Install new engine gaskets and seals
- Assemble valvetrain and adjust tappets
- Re-install engine into your VW
- Dyno tune engine
Additional services that we can perform during engine reconditioning include:
I would like to recondition my VW engine
To enquire about engine reconditioning for your VW, please
Or come and see us at